Saturday, December 29, 2012

029. The Month of December










I submitted this photoset to Rookie for their January mythology theme, and I'm anxious to see if they get in! They're all taken, styled, and modeled by my little sister and me. I'm particularly proud of the flower crown I'm wearing, which I made myself! I'm going to add a tutorial on how to make the "My own heart is my temple" poster if anyone is interested in that!

I feel like this photoshoot is representative of a lot of what I've been going through this month as far as trying to find inner peace and balance between mind/body/spirit. I'm thinking about starting a second blog just for spirituality related topics. Would anyone be interested?

And now the excuses.... I suppose I don't really have to explain why I haven't posted in a month, but I'm going to. Finals, as always, brought a lot more stress than I thought it was going to, and my free time diminished into being basically non-existent.  In addition to that, I feel like I've been a lot more focused on connecting spiritually, and that has sort of put a pause on all my sewing and craft ventures as well as a lot of other hobbies and interests. I'm at a point now where I would love to try and integrate the two, and use my spiritual side to try and fuel my creativity in all blog-related endeavors.

Overall, I've spent the past month becoming a happier, healthier, more connected person. I've learned a lot about myself in a lot a different ways, and I'm definitely looking forward to 2013! I want to post a resolution list right at the start of the new year, so that will be my next post!


13 comments:

  1. i love these! i hope you get chosen, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea!! It fits the theme well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing post!!!! I would totally and most definitely read a spirituality blog. Congratulations on the health, happiness and connection. You must feel so rejuvenated and refreshed.
    I'd be interested in the tutorial also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soo soo zoo cool! i love the poster and your crown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this set of pictures is so wonderful! great that you've become more healthy happy and connected and I wouldn't mind reading a blog that would help me getting more happy(and a lot of other people as well) and healthy so that idea is worth trying! And thank you for the comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Wow! You are stunning! I am in love with your blog, it is so amazing and unique and I can really relate to it too. I've been scrolling through some of your older posts and wow you have incredible talent! If this photoset doesn't get into Rookie, I don't know what will! Definitely following you now, I really can't wait to read your new posts! Happy new year!

    Love from, Miss Iffa

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, such magical photos! i'm glad to hear you've become happier and healthier :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do hope that you get in, I love Rookie so much and these photos are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is stunning! lovely makeup and photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe two comments on the same post but I just wanted to say that I nominated you for a liebster award, if you would want to check it out:

    http://selinanoma.blogspot.fi/2013/01/liebster-award-x2.html

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shoot is beautiful, I look forward to seeing it on Rookie (Rookie is just amazing!) I love what you've done with your hair, and nice Lord Krishna pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Samantha! Your email wasn't working, so we're hoping we can contact you through your blog for now.

    We'd love to have you as Outsider staff. It's so thoughtful for you to make a video, and we love your blog! Can't wait to see what you'll contribute!
    We'll get in touch with you soon to let you know more. If you have Facebook, we're making a group so it will be easier to communicate, and for everyone to share ideas.
    Sorry for the long wait before we got back to you!
    Dayzee and Eva

    ReplyDelete
  13. these photos are so cool i can't even express it : O
    ca't wait to see them on rookie~
    [www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete