Wednesday, October 31, 2012

023. Moonrise Kingdom

I can't believe how much I've had to post lately! For people who actually follow me, I'm sorry if I'm cluttering your feed! It's just because so much Halloween stuff has been happening here it'll all calm down after today, I promise.

Like everybody and their mother, I dressed up as Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom during the day today. It was actually a really inexpensive costume! I already owned everything but the binoculars. The hat, dress, and shoes are all vintage. I almost bought some beetle earrings from I don't care if it wasn't the most unique costume ever, I felt like a bad ass all day! Here's the costume:


For those of you who haven't seen this movie yet, you definitely should! It's adorable and happy and clever and beautiful to look at, but I'm sure you don't need to hear that from me because you probably already have from the rest of the internet.


Anyways, Happy Halloween everyone! I'm really enjoying stalking the internet for costumes. One of my favorites so far is this awesome version of Edward Scissorhands by Caitlin at Escapism. Unfortunately I'm not going out tonight because I have a work shift at 6:00 AM, but I hope everyone who does has a wonderful night!


23 comments:

  1. great costume!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this is SO unique, I love it! I'm jealous- even though I doubt no one at my school would understand it in the slightest, that's how it usually is with me and my Americana school anyways... and it's a pretty perfect costume.<3

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. super adorable vintage dress! those knee high socks and oxfords are perfect for this look!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet and you really do look a lot like her
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, you look so much like her! i love that movie a lot, great insiration.
    ps. i'm following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your costume! You look very much like her, love it. And were did you get that amazing dress, it's amazingly amazing. I don't know why I wasn't already following you but now I am :)

    All the best,
    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love love love how you style outfits :)

    also really like your blog, so definitely following!

    Asya, xx
    http://www.heaventonight.net/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i really like this, it's completely different than a lot of other people im seeing on the internet(lookbook, blogs, etc.) everybody have the same mostly, but this is something different :)
    great!
    Dolly
    Unicorns, Heels and American Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so elegant! I love the dress you're wearing and the whole vintage vibe :) lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to dress up as Suzy Bishop for halloween! Moonrise Kingdom is my favourite movie of all time
    You look magical

    ReplyDelete
  11. you matched her almost perfectly! me and my boy wanted to be them for halloween too, but then we got lazy and ditched the idea haha. but seeing how great your costume turned out i wish i did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute, lovely dresses!
    visit me at-
    www.stylemailbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute :) Best movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. he he, such a cute lovely costume - spot on

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for a costume! I love Wes Anderson. But I haven't seen all of Moonrise Kingdom yet, I tried to watch it on the plane from Dallas back to Australia but I was too tired to really keep up with all the dialogue with the crummy plane headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks ♥

    I love this costume, sooo cool !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I really need to see this movie! And you look fabulous! Love this outfit!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. LSKDFJSLDKJFSLD
    AMAZING

    at fist when i saw it I thought it was actually suzy!

    love,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  19. You dress is so cute,very vintage , I like it ! xx http://drunkoffashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete