Friday, October 26, 2012

020. Not Fall Yet....

October has ALWAYS been my favorite month. In first grade I used to tell all my friends I was a witch and be the bossy little leader of 'witch lessons'. That graduated to playing with Wicca and ouija boards in middle school. My obsessions with the occult have always made me look anxiously forward to the seasons beginning to change and Autumn beginning to take over because that meant Halloween was on the way. I'm hoping to get over to a cool New Orleans Cemetery this weekend and snap some Halloween-y pictures there. It's hard to try and find ways to make it feel like October here, because it's still eighty degrees every day. I'm certainly not complaining, the warm weather makes it much easier to get out of bed in the morning. When it's cold all I ever want to do is snuggle up in my sheets with a cup of tea and read.

Anyways, Here's an outfit slightly inspired by the Spring 2013 collection from Alice & Olivia. I've been working my way through a ton of runway pictures from New York Fashion Week, so you can definitely expect some dump posts of those soon. I really like the colors of the Alice & Olivia collection, and of course the vintage/Mad Men-esque feel. You can see all the outfits from it here. There are some BEAUTIFUL gowns, I definitely recommend taking a peak.

Sorry for the glare on my glasses! the pictures are a little off in color, I used a friends camera, but the outfit is even brighter in real life. I don't mind the effect though, It has sort of a dreamy quality to it. The sweater, shoes, and shirt are all thrifted. The shoes are Diane Von Furstenburg and the sweater is Vivian Westwood from the 80's. I got the sweater for a dollar at a garage sale. It's a tad big on me, but I absolutely love it anyways. The skirt I commandeered from my best friend's closet is from Urban outfitters.

3 comments:

  1. You look so lovely, your outfit reminds me so much of Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom!
    I've never heard of Alice & Olivia before but I love what I see, such a dreamy collection!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great collection, i love alice & olivia! your blog is so wonderful.

    lindsey louise

    hellorrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combine blue and pink! ♥

    If you have a minute, please join my Rire Giveaway that can be found in the right side of my blog.
    Blow A Rainbow

    ReplyDelete