Saturday, October 13, 2012

016. Audobon Zoo

I feel like I haven't posted in absolutely forever! I had midterms all last week and was completely overwhelmed with tests and papers. I have another one this Wednesday, and then I'll be done and able to focus on more blog things.

My boyfriend took me on a date to the zoo to celebrate being done with everything. I know I haven't mentioned Tyler very much, but that's because I'm hoping on doing a post about him fairly soon. In short, we've been dating for about six months, but we were best friends for about eight months before that.

The Audobon Zoo is great because it's so close to my campus (Tulane University). I feel like it's sort of expensive though, but that's because I'm used to Chicago's free zoo. It's not like my boyfriend made me pay anyways, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining. I feel like I should go to the zoo more often and maybe bring a sketch book or a notebook or something. If the animals aren't enough to inspire creativity, then surely the wide variety of people there are. There's always little kids and grandparents and couples and pretty much any other relationship dynamic you can think of. It's such a good place to just observe things. I guess that's ultimately what it's designed for anyways. Plus I associate zoos with being very nostalgic. Every time I'm there I can't help but think of all the other times I've ever been. It reminds me of being in Kindergarten.

Here's the outfit I was wearing. The skirt is vintage and I got the top on sale at Urban Outfitter's awhile ago. The purse is from H & M. I have a tendency to go a little overboard with zoo pictures. I always end up with like a hundred on my camera. I made a conscious effort to cut back this time. I found that it's hard for me to resist taking pictures of birds. The flamingos especially got me this time. I just think birds are so interesting looking. They're built so strangely and always seem to be some kind of combination of awkward and graceful. I think they make good subjects.

5 comments:

  1. Whoah Flamingos! Awesome outfit and I hope you do well on your midterms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore your outfit. And you match the flamingos!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, that elephant is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great photos and your outfit is amazing and everything works together perfectly. Can I please have your top? :)

    ReplyDelete