Sunday, September 2, 2012

007. Jackson Square

These past few weeks have been so hectic! After all the hustle and bustle of packing, I finally got back to New Orleans last Saturday. Classes were supposed to start the following Monday, but Hurricane Isaac came rolling in and they were cancelled for the entire week. A lot of Tulane students ended up evacuating, but my friends and I ended up house sitting for the amazing house in New Orleans. We never lost power so it was just four amazing days of cooking, movies, manicures, and this crazy game called Cards Against Humanity. It's a dirty version of Apples to Apples. If you've never heard of it, I suggest you check it out.

Now that the weather's cleared, I've been busy exploring all my favorite corners of New Orleans. This weekend was the annual Southern Decadence festival, which is a huge Gay Pride event. My friends and I didn't make it to any of the parades, but we went into the French Quarter on Saturday and I got to wear my pink wig as a little celebratory token. The Nicki Minaj look scored me a ton of beads.

>

This afternoon we made our way to the French Quarter yet again for some shopping and lunch. As far as shopping goes, the trip was unsuccessful, but it was an absolutely lovely day. Once the heat of the sun subsided, we made our way over to Cafe Du Monde for some coffee and ended up sitting in Jackson Square. Seeing all the voodoo art lined up across Royal made me think of Dr. Facilier from the Princess and The Frog. It's a bit embarrassing that a Disney movie is the best cultural reference I can come up with, but I do really love it. My camera died on me, but Instagram was there once again to save the day!





I hope to post more fashion-oriented photos soon. I haven't had time to think about it with school starting up, but now that I'm more settled in that should change!

No comments:

Post a Comment