Sunday, August 12, 2012

006. Lichtenstein

The Art Institute of Chicago is currently having an amazing exhibit of the work of Roy Lichtenstein. The exhibit is huge, and I really enjoyed it! the way they set it up is great. It's partially chronological and partially by theme.

Here are some of my favorite pieces from the exhibit. It was very hard to narrow it down. I recommend clicking through to see the full-size image, because it's hard to see his signature half-tone dots from the distance at which I took the pictures anyways. They were all taken with my iphone, so I apologize if they aren't exactly straight!

It's funny, I absolutely love his style but almost all of my favorites were a little more muted than his typical bright, primary color scheme. I adored all of his black and white stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment