Monday, August 6, 2012

005. curry chickpea salad & cucumber salad

I'm not exactly a 'foodie'. I don't love to cook, but I recently found out I had something called Candida and have subsequently had to drastically alter my diet to adhere to some pretty strict guidelines. As a result, I've been cooking a lot more simply because there are so few foods that I can eat and I need to get creative with them. I might be doing a couple food posts now and then because all of this has been taking up so much of my time lately!

The Chickapea curry is based off of THIS original recipe. I altered it by cutting out the raisin's and cashews, mashing the chickpeas a bit more, and adding the shrimp which I glazed with curry powder and lemon. It came out delicious!

The cucumber salad is my own creation. I made it by first peeling the cucumber into thin slices. The sauce is just a mix of lemon, olive oil, and a bit of pepper. I also added just a pinch of freshly grated ginger. I sprinkled some Daiya Mozzarella cheese on top, and it was finished! A summer salad that is quite easy to make and completely vegan/gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment